Google first introduced Flutter in 2015 but the buzz around it has grown stronger only recently. It is a cross-platform tool introduced to create Android and iOS apps from a single code base by using a modern reactive framework. Many established Website Development Companies in India and around the world are depending on Flutter to develop apps meant to be used for both the platforms.
Flutter applications are built using Dart which is a simple object-oriented programming language. The main idea of Flutter revolves around widgets. The entire UI is made of combining different widgets, which individually defines a structural element (like a button or menu), a stylistic element (like a font or color scheme), an aspect of layout (like padding) for example. It provides its own ready-made widgets which look native either to Android (Material Design) or iOS apps (Cupertino). Another key feature of Flutter is a library of widgets which are created before and cover almost all aspects of the development process. It can very well be customized to your needs.
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF USING FLUTTER
- Developers often face problems while trying to create a similar look for Android and iOS apps as they are completely different platforms. Flutter eliminates this problem very easily. With Flutter, developers create beautiful UI with the help of built-in design centric widgets which can easily be customized. The widgets here have a natural look, are extensible and fast. Users can easily create complex custom widgets that are used for screens and apps. Flutter framework does not separate layouts & views. It has a unified object model, called the widget.
- Flutter offers fast and dynamic code writing. It has the famous hot-reload feature. Developers can straight away see the changes made in the code in the application. For example, if you found a bug while using an app, with the help of Flutter, you can fix it immediately without restarting everything. This makes mobile app development fast and allows experimenting with new features.
- Flutter Apps work at a remarkable speed. The speed of the apps amaze with their smooth scrolling experience because of the direct code compilation. Due to that the whole experience doesn’t have any bridges to halt performance. There’s also no cutting or hanging. Heavy animations with rotations, scaling and fading were not that difficult to handle for Flutter.
- Why Flutter is most sought after among the top mobile app development companies is that it takes lower code development time. The widgets and designs allow having the same app on Android and iOS platforms. The features like hot reload and hot restart significantly decrease the development time as the developers can instantly see all the changes. Dart language allows compiling the code faster.
- With Flutter the time taken for testing processes are shorter. If there’s one code for two platforms, testers will only run one set of tests. Cross-platform development saves time for testers.
- Flutter is perfect for Minimum Viable Product development. Developing an MVP for two platforms at the same time is like a dream come true. It’s fast and affordable. It is everything that entrepreneurs look for in a product that they will later show to investors. You only need one developer to build your MVP that has no difference from native apps.
- Flutter development offers access to native features. This is one more prominent advantage of using Flutter. Functions like geolocation and camera must be implemented with the help of native languages. Using Flutter developers can use Objective-C, Swift, or Java to access native features.
So as we see here, the best website and mobile app development companies are finding that the advantages of Flutter actually outweighs the disadvantages. Framework’s high performance, dynamic code writing, easy MVP development and beautiful designs make mobile app development for different platforms less problematic and less time-consuming. Moreover with Flutter development you are not compromising on app quality.